Sunday, December 27, 2009

I have a 6 Mt's old little girl who's having trouble with her bowel movements any advice?

i have tryed dark chocolate, butter in milk, baby laxatives ,orange juice but nothing is working she could go three ot four days trying to go any advicesI have a 6 Mt's old little girl who's having trouble with her bowel movements any advice?
Are you in the states? If so, call your doctor and ask him if it would be okay...PLEASE call and ask before using this!!!!!!....Miralax. It is a substance that you add to their drink...it's not a 'laxative' so to speak, it is a product which pulls moisture into the bowels to help soften their stools. My daughter started having that trouble when she was about 9 months old...this product used to be by prescription only but has since been made over the counter. And it WORKS wonders!!





Good luck...I've been thru what you're going thru...watching them strain and cry and be in pain all from something that is supposed to just be natural, it's heartbreaking!!! Good luck to you both!I have a 6 Mt's old little girl who's having trouble with her bowel movements any advice?
My boy had trouble with bowel movements at that age and it was because I had him on formula. There was too much iron in it for him, which caused constipation. I waited it out for another six months then cut back on the milk and gave him more water and apple juice and he started going like a champ. Even too much cows milk made him constipated. It will go away when you can cut back on it. I think it is normal and you shouldnt worry although it is hard not to when they cry. My boy wouldnt go for 5 days some times!
1. Some babies and children actually don't go for days--it's ';normal'; for them.


2. Try BABY foods with alot of fiber in them, like prunes from the jar.


3. Who told you to give your baby chocolate, butter, milk and orange juice??? An infant shouldn't have these things!!!
My guess is also the brand of formula. My son could only tolerate Enfamil. Also, Iron could be the problem. Does she take an iron supplement or does her formula contain iron?





I would check back with her doctor.





Good Luck.
Ask your doctor about Mirilax. It is amazing! Hope I helped! Please answer my question: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AisI.Y4l8Tx5lfSajLruBZTsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080913122804AAhfN2x
Have you tried giving her glycerine suppositories on the third or fourth day?

No comments:

Post a Comment