Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Any advice about this girl?

About 5 months ago, I told this girl I liked her even though, back then, I had only known her for about 3 weeks, and she said that she just didn't want a relationship like that, that she was too selfish and that she felt she would only end up hurting the guy.





So I left it a few months, and tried to get over her. I still wanted to be her friend though. But then I realised that she's never had a boyfriend before, and I feel that maybe, just maybe she was telling the truth. She's the nicest girl I've ever met, and I haven't ever had as strong feelings for a girl as I have for her. I've never had had the courage to ask a girl to her face for her number, let alone call her, until I met this girl.





Recently, I've been spending more time with her as group, flirting a little bit, not too much, but then she sends me this really long email saying basically she hoped I didn't like her, begging me not to like her like that, saying that she just didn't want a boyfriend. She said that I was one of the nicest, sweetest guys and that there was plenty of far more beautiful girls out there. And I felt the best thing to do was to be completely honest with her, and so I told her how I liked her alot, but that I wasn't out there seeking a relationship with whoever. (I kind of felt that she thought I just simply wanted a girlfriend which isn't at all true.)





She replied and said she was very happy that I had been so honest with her. But didn't mention anything else about what I had said (about me liking her).





And since then, however, we've done a number of things together- we've had dinner twice, had lunch, gone for walks... just us two. (I have also never done anything like this with any other girls before.)





Should I completely give up and move on, or do you think I should keep trying? I do understand that if she really really really liked me, then yea, probably she would have said yes when I asked her... but what if she sort of likes me, but doesn't feel like she likes me enough? How many of you could say you really really really liked your significant other before you to were officially going out?





She's a very considerate girl, so I'm thinking that just maybe she's afraid that if she gets into a relationship with me, she might change her mind about whether she likes me and then end up hurting me?





If you guys think that I have a chance, any ideas of other things we could do together? Stuff that isn't too full on or too boyfriend-girlfriend style? Any ideas of how often I should meet up with her/call her? And most importantly, any ideas of how I can convince her she's not selfish, and that she could never hurt me?Any advice about this girl?
:(Any advice about this girl?
i would say to keep it up...but, when it comes to her telling you that she's not interested or doesnt see you that way, then you should respect her decision. when you love someone that much then at least let them go


Do not intend for tight her down to what you feel. I'm really sorry to say that, but if she's not into you then she will only be miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment