Friday, January 8, 2010

Careers advice for teenage girl in England!?

About 6 months ago I decided that I wanted to be an Equine Vet. But when I went to the Post 16 open evening at my school, I found out that to be an Equine Vet you need to get at least double A results in Biology, Chemistry, Physics (Seperate sciences) and Maths. But I do core science and my target grade for science is double C but I am working towards double B and my target grade for maths is C and thats what I got in my practice papers last year. I was told that I would not get into a vet course which I was really upset about but my Careers advisor told me about an Equine Science course that I would be able to get into as you only need A* - C in Biology to get into.


What I want to do is take applied science in A level at my current school (along with a few unrelated subjects) and then do the Equine Science course and then try to get into a vdt course once I have done the Equine Science one.





Do you think I could do that or will they not let me do that?





Also, if I couldn't get into a Vet course afterwards, what could I do with just that qualification? I tried asking my careers advisor but she just waffles on about something completely different!





Thanks XxCareers advice for teenage girl in England!?
1.Check alternative National Diploma courses - offered at F.E Colleges


2.Ring the Universities offering vet courses - see if National Diploma qualifications are accepted for entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment